Libya-Analysis ® was founded by Jason Pack in 2011 and is a registered LLC in the USA. Over the years, the scope of the company and our work has grown and Libya-Analysis has established itself as the go-to consultancy on Libyan affairs. Our core team has also expanded, and we now have analysts based across the USA, the UK, Lebanon, France and Libya. Our highly skilled network of Libyan and international analysts have years of experience working in Libya, both before and after the 2011 uprisings, and have expertise across a range of sectors and disciplines including political risk, oil and gas, shipping, security, economic institutions, international development and business intelligence.
Libya-Analysis’ mission is to be an English-language repository of unbiased, rigorously researched information and analysis on Libya from the Qadhafi period to the present, covering a wide range of sectors and disciplines. To this end, our team is dedicated to continually deepening and extending our knowledge and understanding of Libya through interaction with a wide network of Libyan and international connections. Libya-Analysis analysts regularly meet and interact with the most important political and institutional actors in Libya. We also have frequent interaction with government officials, academics and analysts working on Libya from across the world.
The ‘Our Blog’ section of our website comprises a completely free, searchable record of news and in-depth analysis of developments in Libya from 2011 until the present which allows anyone with an interest in Libya to gain greater insight and understanding into the country’s recent history. Libya-Analysis analysts also frequently write opinion and commentary articles, give interviews for media outlets, and author academic and think tank papers on Libya.
In addition, our affiliated NGO website www.EyeOnISISinLibya.com (a US-registered 501c3 nonprofit organization) provides free weekly updates on developments specifically related to jihadist groups in Libya and allows includes searchable maps, timelines and databases extending back to 2014.
For individuals, companies or organisations interested in our subscription or bespoke services, we offer a range of consultancy services, reports and products that draw on our network of informed sources on the ground, sophisticated open source intelligence (OSCINT) system, and access to extensive historic data to provide accurate, insightful monitoring and analysis. In order to gather, cross-check and assess the data which underpins our research, analysis and advisory, we have a multi-faceted system that allows us to integrate various streams of information.
- We have access to a broad network of informed sources on the ground in Libya through which we can access up-to-date information throughout the country in real time. This allows us to conduct field research and due diligence activities.
- We have established, and are continually improving, a sophisticated open source intelligence (OSCINT) system that allows us to monitor, thoroughly and in detail, Arabic and English open source information on Libya from traditional media outlets as well as social media sources.
- Libya-Analysis has an extensive database of historic information on the political, economic, and security situation in Libya since 2011. We also have access to the back data from EyeOnISISinLibya.com (our affiliated non-profit organisation) back data. These databases allow our team to quickly and easily access historic data to add depth and context to our research.
- We have conducted what we believe is the most thorough independent review of the Libyan media landscape to date and based on this we have established a system of source verification that allows us to make considered judgements on the reliability and accuracy of the information we receive from various sources.
- Our core analysts all read English and Arabic and have spent years living in Libya and the wider Middle East and North Africa region.